Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

March 23, 2007

Dinner with Dan

Tonight I met up with my friend Dan for dinner. Dan is one of my best friends from college and we both ended up in the DC area after school. He lives about 20 minutes from me. Despite the close proximity, both of us always have so much going on that we only see each other every month or so. But it's always nice to catch up on what's going on in each other's lives. Since we're both engineers, it's easy to talk about work and know the other person is going to get it. It's been interesting how our friendship has developed over the years. We were close in school but then became closer after, despite the fact that we have developed very different views on a lot of things, like religion and politics. He's one of those people I feel confident I'll know for the rest of my life.

Tonight we tried a sushi place in Alexandria that's rated #1 in DC by Zagat, called Yamazato. The place had more specialty rolls than any place I've ever been to. So we tried a couple of new things and everything was pretty good. Personal opinion- the eel was not so great. But the combinations in the rolls were new to me and very good. The best part is it's only a couple miles away which is nice because Michael and I usually drive a lot farther for our favorite sushi place. This place will be a good second choice.

No comments: