Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

March 29, 2007

Allergy Season

This is just not my week............. Allergy season is here in full swing and I am hurting. Seems like the allergies just keep getting worse every year. I used to have allergies but nothing that really bothered me but in the last 2 or 3 years they have become considerably worse. A year and a half ago was the first really bad season and I was sick for most of the fall. Spring is not so bad but this week I've been a mess. My eyes itch, I have trouble breathing, and I get headaches. I tried walking with Georgie today but we only got to do 2 miles because I couldn't breathe. When I went to Florida in December I was outside on the grass and my feet turned red, swelled, and itched like crazy. So apparently some switch has flipped in me and my allergies are now out of control. It's hard not being able to enjoy the nice weather or open our windows at home. And when I take allergy medicine it makes me "foggy-brained" and I can't concentrate or work. So I'm going to an allergist next week to talk about allergy shots. I never thought I'd be a candidate for these but apparently now I am. I've been tested before and basically I'm allergic to everything that grows and blooms. You know it's bad when I'm willing to subject myself to being poked by needles- I'm very phobic. I'll tell you all about it after my appointment next week. :)

No comments: