Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

April 15, 2007

Painting

I woke up Saturday morning with the drive to do house projects and start finishing up this place. I've done a lot of painting and hanging pictures and stuff but the final touches have never happened. I think it's time. The stripes I did in the bedroom have bothered me since I originally painted them. There was more orange than I intended and it really popped out at you when you walk in the bedroom. But not in a good way. I felt like it overwhelmed the room. I've asked everyone that has come over for their honest opinion and everyone has said it's good as it is. But it's one of those things where I can't tell if they're being honest cause I'm sure no one really wants to insult my painting. This is where being socially proper and all that is a bad thing. So I finally decided to repaint. There's much less orange now and I like it SO much better. Here's pics of the before and after.

Before (with lotsa orange). After (with a lot less orange).











After the wall, I decided to redo the bathroom. It's just been plain and white so far. So I painted it a beige color, got new, super soft, bath mats, and a new brown, cloth, shower curtain. Oh, and new shower curtain hooks. It's like a peaceful little oasis now instead of the ucky white boring bathroom. FYI- it's really hard to take a picture in our bathroom because the counter and cabinets curve.

At about 3am I decided maybe it was a good stopping time for my projects. I realized I hadn't sat down for about 15 hours other than maybe one 30 minute break. I tend to do that when I do projects and then all of a sudden I realize my entire body is exhausted.



This morning, we cleaned up and moved some furniture around in the bedroom. We now have a chair and ottoman by the window in the bedroom which is really nice (I'm in it now). So now this part of the house is done! Yay! I don't want to leave these rooms- they're so cozy. :)

No comments: