Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

April 05, 2007

Andrea's Visit

One of my high school friends was in town tonight and we met up for dinner and to hang out. We were best friends freshman year of high school but then kinda grew apart after that. I'm not even sure how it happened. We both switched schools, from Scottsdale Christian Academy to Xavier College Prep. I guess we just ended up in different groups of friends. Anyway, I looked her up a couple years ago and we started talking again. We met up last year when I was in Arizona and it was almost like no time had passed. It was so easy to talk with her. I wonder if it's because we knew each other when we were so young. I wish we hadn't missed so much time in between. So I now officially talk to one person from high school, up from the zero previously.

Andrea decided to start law school in the fall and is going to UVA!!! Crazy. So she will only be a couple of hours away! That's pretty amazing considering we were both from Arizona and now will be basically around the corner from each other, on the other side of the country. This week she went to check out the school and find a place to live and then she came up to DC to visit with friends. We went down to Old Town Alexandria and found a thai place that was pretty good, overlooking the Potomac. We spent some time reminiscing about the horrors of our high school (not a ton of fond memories there) and got caught up on our current lives. Then I showed her the condo and she met the puppies. It was a lot of fun and I'm hoping we'll stay in touch better now that she will be in the area. I'm so excited to be back in touch with her. I find some friendships require more work than others and she's one of those people that is really easy to hang out with and easy to maintain a friendship with. I like those people. :)

Here's a pic from last year when we saw each other. I forgot to take pics this time.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hmm, not too excited about that pic from last year, so hopefully the one from this year (marginally better) makes the cut to the blog. Yes, it was great to see you for dinner and to yak for hours. You are also my one and only friend from high school I still talk to--funny how that worked out. It was sad we drifted apart, but now we'll be on the same side of the country and have a chance to make up for it! Looking forward to more fun, and yes, your Mom can join us one of these days. :)