Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

April 19, 2007

Baby Brendan

Long day. I wasn't supposed to be at work again until next Tuesday because I have client sites to visit, etc. But then when I got home yesterday I realized I left my power cord to my laptop at work. I never do stuff like that. I checked everything before I left the office because I needed certain documents for the next few days and wanted to make sure I didn't forget anything. I must have been so involved thinking about the paperwork I needed that somehow I just left the cord sitting on my desk. This morning I started trying to pull files I would need off my laptop to work from my home computer but without access to our network, it was going to be really difficult to feel productive. So I ended up changing my schedule and going into the office.

The great part: I got to meet baby Brendan! Brendan is Stephanie's new baby. (Steph is my boss.) She came into the office with him and he is sooooo cute! I don't know if I've ever been around a baby this young. My friends that have had babies have always been out of state so by the time I meet them, they're a lot bigger/older. He was so tiny and soooo adorable. Somehow I thought he would be more fragile. Plus, seeing her pregnant for so long and seeing him actually kick her stomach last week (so cool) made me feel a connection to the little guy. When my other friends have had kids it's sort of an abstract idea- like, I know they're pregnant but it isn't real to me since I don't see them pregnant, if that makes any sense. I think this might have been one of the first times I thought it might be cool to have one of these little guys at some point. (No time soon!)

No comments: