Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

February 04, 2007

You Can't Buy Chips on Superbowl Sunday

So I knew it was superbowl sunday but being one of those people that doesn't really follow football (unless it's Purdue), it didn't occur to me when I woke up today. To give some perspective, last year I held a No Football Superbowl Party where we watched some of the commercials during the game but otherwise did not watch the game. I know, some of you are cringing, but I've just never really cared about pro football. Anyway, today I slept in (a rare occurrence since getting the puppy), then got up and went to the gym, then decided a grocery store run was needed to get stuff for the week. The grocery store was oddly busy but it still didn't hit me until I got to the chip aisle. The aisle was almost completely empty, with the few rejected bags of chips left on the shelves, and then the light bulb went off: it's Superbowl Sunday! So no chips in our house today...........

To redeem myself with those of you that are still appalled by my forgetting the superbowl, here's a little fact about me you probably didn't know: I was in the pre-game show for Superbowl XXX. It was in Phoenix that year and I was one of the dancers.

2 comments:

Marc & Melanie said...

Hard to forget the Super Bowl when you live in Indianapolis. It's been a non-stop party here since we won the AFC championship! GO COLTS :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and I bet in that time you had chips... I, however, still have not gotten my chips...

ahem

Kettle cooked please...