Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

January 06, 2008

World Without End

I guess the one upside of my being sick is that I got to finish the book I've been reading, "World Without End". It's by Ken Follett and is the sequel to "Pillars of the Earth" which is one of my favorite books. It's been ten years between the two books so it's pretty exciting to people like me who had no idea this was coming. I highly recommend it. It's historical fiction based in the 1300s and deals heavily with the interactions of the church and a small town in England. It focuses on the personal interactions of the people in the town but you get an idea of the time period at the same time so it isn't boring, as historical fiction can often be. If you're looking for a new author, he's one of my favorites.

Something to know about Ken Follett's books: they're located in two sections of the bookstore. He writes both mystery and historical fiction so he's found in the Mystery and Fiction & Literature sections. I'm not a mystery gal so I only read the historical fiction. I've read all of his books in this section and they're all great.

In case you're curious, Books by Follett:
Pillars of the Earth
World Without End
A Place Called Freedom
A Dangerous Fortune

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for the rec. I have been looking for a new non-baby related book to start.