Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

January 23, 2008

Purpose of an Educational System

I got to campus today and found that there was no place to park because there was a stupid basketball game. I had to drive around with all the other crazy students antsy to get to class, searching desperately for a spot. Reminds me of the good 'ol days at Arizona State University. I lived in the dorms freshman year and the dorm parking lot was also the stadium parking. So every time there was a football game, if I left to go somewhere, I could not return. As a side note, I never had this issue at Purdue. Draw whatever conclusions you like from this.

Which brings me to my point: Isn't the purpose of an educational institution to, uhm, educate? And if the students can't get to their classes due to sporting events, doesn't that contradict the point of the institution? I get that sports bring in money, blah, blah, blah. But I should not be prevented from going to class or forced to be late for class because the school blocked off student parking for a game.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Jeremy got towed at Georgia Tech, from his paid parking spot, because he didnt move in time for football parking. ggrrrrrr