Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

January 04, 2008

Lost Dog Volunteering

The Lost Dog Rescue has several adoption events every weekend at various Petsmarts in the area. We volunteered tonight at one of them and each spent a couple hours with a dog, walking around and promoting them to the people who came to adopt. I had a feisty 1 year old named Jackie. She was very sweet and very smart but VERY active. My hands are raw from the leash and my back actually hurts from keeping her under control for hours. She was really interested in the small animals in glass cages (stop reading if you are a bird/fish person). She sat staring at the fish for awhile, then snapped at the glass cause apparently she thought she would catch one. It was really cute. We may have also opened a rope in the toy aisle (by "we" I mean Jackie) and chewed on it for awhile.......... While I fought with my pup, Michael had an 8 year old basset/cocker spaniel mix that just wanted to chill. Figures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an adorable cocker mix....can I have this one?