Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

January 22, 2008

Maumau Kitty

My poor kitty. She started limping a couple weeks ago and I didn't worry too much. She tends to do stupid things, such as jumping between objects that are 10 feet apart where the object she's jumping to is either higher or unstable and there is clearly no way any rational being would think they could land on the object. Yes, that's my kitty. She has also started taking an interest in playing with Izzie- which is SO cute. So when she started limping I just figured she'd either gotten herself into one of her normal predicaments or played a little too rough with Izzie.

When she was younger, I would take her to the vet immediately for things like this and they would just tell me that she should rest. So this time I waited. And the limp is still there and it's really noticeable. So we went to the vet and they did xrays. Nothing is broken thankfully but I kinda wish it was so we would know what's wrong. They gave us some pain meds which have made her sleepy and less active. No help. She's still limping. Today the meds wore off and she's been meowing and cranky. I'm worried cause she's getting older- she'll be 10 this spring. So it's back to the vet for round two. :(

No comments: