Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

January 21, 2008

PSDM

I've spent the last few months putting together a website that documents all of the processes, procedures, and templates for our software development methodology. The system will be used by all of the projects at my company. The system is called PSDM: Platinum Solutions Delivery Methodology. We're releasing it in three phases and the first was released today. The first section includes all of the Project Management processes and templates. To give you an idea of the size of the system, there are about 30 web pages on the site, documenting all the processes via flowcharts and detailed step descriptions. In addition, I created about 30 templates, including management plans and tools. So it was a huge endeavor.

I presented the new system to the company today at our All Hands meeting. I had a bunch of people compliment me on the system and my presentation, which meant a lot because I don't really consider myself a very talented presenter. I get nervous speaking to large groups but I'm getting more comfortable. I basically force myself into positions where I will have to speak to large groups so that eventually this anxiety will completely go away.

Anyway, it was a really good day and I feel like I've made a big contribution to the organization as well as a personal accomplishment.

No comments: