Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

January 27, 2008

Sick

This is getting ridiculous. I woke up Thursday morning with a sore throat and by mid-afternoon felt terrible. I have been between the bed and couch now for 3 1/2 days. No kidding. I have done NOTHING. I was in and out of sleep for most of Thursday night and Friday. Then on Saturday I managed to stare at the tv but that was the extent of my activity. Today I tried to do some reading for school but didn't get very far. So yeah, 3 1/2 days of my life just disappeared and I don't know where they went. My body is now sore from being inactive for so long and I'm still not entirely better. I, of course, managed to pass it on to Michael who is now fighting his battle with with the sick bugs.

A lot of people seem to be getting these extended sicknesses this year. I have to wonder if this is related to the changes in our environment and the increased pollutants in the air. I can't recall the last time (if ever) I've been sick for this long. A few years ago I would have been more concerned about being sick this long but now it's just the "norm"- a lot of people I know have caught something similar this year. Scary to think what the future may hold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better now. I wish I could make it all better.

Anonymous said...

.. and then you give it to me. Thanks baby.