Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

January 12, 2008

Juno

We went to see the movie "Juno" today. I loved it. The acting was really good and the story was touching. I think anyone that can empathize with the idea of what it would be like to get pregnant in high school will feel some emotion watching this movie. Beyond that, the movie was funny throughout and I had a hard time to stop laughing. This movie will definitely be added to my DVD collection.

I debated even seeing the movie because it got good ratings. Isn't that crazy? I feel like the movie critics have gone down a path in the last few years of celebrating movies because of the subject matter over the acting or writing. I mean seriously- Brokeback Mountain??? That ranks up there as one of the worst movies I've seen. And it's not about the subject matter; I thought the acting was atrocious and the screenplay was awful. But the critics raved. So now I look for some solid "C" rated movies and stay away from the "A" rated ones. But I guess they got one right: Juno was awesome.

No comments: