Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

October 29, 2007

Warranty Troubles

It's hard for me to even talk about this. I had a long talk with the warranty company today regarding our washer/dryer and it did not end well. I was shaking for at least 20 minutes after the call and I can't recall a time I've been so angry.

The warranty company has continued to give me the run around and is basically just pushing paper around between departments now. Really annoying. So I demanded to speak with a supervisor (I say demanded because I had to ask about 10 times before they finally transferred the call). The supervisor was one of the rudest people I've ever spoken too. He told me that I have a choice between a washer/dryer that doesn't fit in the condo or $700. Well, $700 won't even come close to replacing the washer/dryer so I told him I want it replaced, but obviously with a washer/dryer that actually fits. He told me he had given me an option for a new washer/dryer. I told him it's not an option if I can't actually choose it. He told me he was sorry I felt that way. That really pissed me off. I told him it's not a feeling, it's a reality. The conversation just went downhill from there. He actually threatened to terminate the call because of my demeanor and I can state very confidently that I did nothing to provoke this. There was no swearing or threatening or anything. I just told him to stop telling me about my "feelings" and to speak to the reality of the situation. Apparently, common sense and reality are not things that warranty companies embrace.

The guy was clearly getting enjoyment out of the conversation and the whole thing was just a big game for him. I can't stand that. I can deal with them telling me that all they can do is offer me $700, even though that totally sucks since the w/d is going to cost about twice that. But fine, I can deal. What I cannot deal with is them pretending that they are offering to replace the w/d when they are clearly not offering that. Offering a w/d that does not fit in the space is NOT an option.

No comments: