Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

October 27, 2007

Eastern Market

My mom was in town today and we took a trip to Eastern Market. It's an area in DC that has local arts and crafts, as well as a farmers market. The main building was burned down last year sometime and it was a pretty big deal for DC, since this market has been around since 1873. I've only been once, about 2 years ago, with my friend Toby.

We braved the metro (still a big event for my mom) to get to Eastern Market. We spent a lot of time walking around and shopping at the vendors tables. I got a cute little purse (most of you would probably think it's horribly ugly) but I tend to like the occasional really ugly accessory. You know how sometimes an ugly accessory can actually be really cute? Yeah, I'm going with the "it's so ugly it's cute" theory. We shopped until the vendors packed up and we had no choice but to leave. My mom is a professional shopper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a good role model for the "art of shopping"....really enjoy finding the good deal and the truly unusual.