Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

October 26, 2007

New Wheels, Literally

I took my car in for an oil change about a week ago and they told me my tires are bald, but only after I asked them to look at them. I think that's kinda crazy since Toyota tries to upsell me every single time I take my car in for service. And yet I've managed to drive around on bald tires for the last month or more without a word from them. Sigh.

So today I got new tires. It was quite an ordeal. I found some really nice tires but then found out they were backordered everywhere. I was going to have to settle for some tires that had a lower mileage warranty, were not as nice (in terms of comfort ride and quietness), and were more expensive! It was bothering me so I kept calling local places and finally found a set of the tires I wanted. I think they were the last set not backordered- I called a LOT of places.

But I got them and it's like I have a brand new ride. My car is a new beast. I forgot what it was like to drive on tires that actually grip the road, tires where I don't have to compensate to keep them from locking up, tires that actually drive through water instead of gliding over the top of it. Crazy. ;)

No comments: