Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

December 01, 2007

Pottery Painting

My friend Bunni organized an outing to one of those places where you paint your own pottery today. I've been to these places before but it's been many years. I picked out a canister and decided to make a dog treats jar since I've wanted one for awhile and can't find one I like. I am not an artist but figured I could draw a cartoon dog on the canister. Between that and having to paint each part three times to ensure the paint is dark enough for when they fire it in the kiln, I was still working 5 hours later when the shop closed. Note to self: pick a smaller project next time.

The girl in the shop was nice enough to let me borrow some paint and brushes to finish it at home. Now I just have to finish it and take it back for firing. I'll post a picture once I get it back in a few weeks and you can all see my top-notch artistic ability. Ha.

No comments: