Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

December 28, 2007

Lunch with Alyssa

My cousin Alyssa came through town with her boyfriend today and we all went to lunch in Old Town Alexandria. I haven't seen Alyssa since her trip here last year. We were able to spend about 3 hours catching up. I love seeing my cousin but it makes me sad too. It would be so nice to live in the same area. I realized last year when visiting Florida that my cousins Amy, Alyssa, and I are a LOT alike. It would be really nice to have that kind of family support system nearby. I didn't grow up near any family and I now wish I had. It's so much harder to keep in touch when you're not in the same state. Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution- to keep in touch with my cousins more.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Im SO glad you got to see each other! I know Alyssa was really looking forward to it. Jeremy and I are talking about a small trip in the spring before I get too fat and the baby comes. Maybe DC would be a fun trip =)

Anonymous said...

It was SO much fun to see you again! We have to do that more often.