Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

December 27, 2007

11 days off!

I have eleven glorious days off from work. I love that about the holidays. We had 2 days off for xmas and 1 for new years. So by only taking a couple of vacation days, I end up with 11 days off. I rarely take time like this, especially just to be at home. I'm not the type that's able to just sit around though so it's now project central at my house. I have finally taken on the huge task of painting the living room. With the vaulted ceilings, it's a pretty big job. But I can spread it out over 11 days, so that's helpful. Just a note for anyone thinking about painting vaulted ceilings: it is seriously hard work. Much more than any normal height room. I've been working for days and it's about 75% complete. But I've got 5 days to go, so not too bad. And it looks great- I love it! It gives the place a much warmer feel- it was white before and now it's a beige color.

I've also spent a lot of time reading, going to the gym, and organizing some stuff for goodwill. I've also thrown in some naps, just for good measure. Someone tell me again why adults don't take naps?

No comments: