Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

December 02, 2007

The Dan Band

If I need to explain who The Dan Band is, you need to emerge from the cave you've been living in. Ok, ok. Last time! The Dan Band is the group that played at the wedding in the movie Old School (Total Eclipse of the Heart with some f-bombs thrown in for good measure). The group covers female pop songs and includes dance routines that are hilarious. The main singer (Dan Finnerty) has two backup singers/dancers (also guys). They do songs like "Mama Mia", "Shoop", "Genie in a Bottle", etc. Pretty much 70s, 80s, and 90s pop. Although the dancing and choreography is ridiculous, the guys can actually sing, which I think is what makes the show really good. And they're great entertainers.

Michael and I saw them almost two years ago at the same venue (930 Club). It was one of the first times we went out together. Since then, The Dan Band added a bunch of new pop songs to their act, including some Christmas songs. It was hilarious as ever. And this time I didn't have to drink Toby's Jaeger Bomb for her so I remember the show a little better.

Before the show, we went to The Melting Pot, a fondue place. It was excellent and made me think back to the last time I went there, with all my cousins in Florida a year ago. That was so much fun- we need another reunion. I miss you guys!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Baby shower this summer??? I see another reunion!

We just got a Melting Pot here a few months ago and it is a popular place for Girls Nights. MMM marshmallows =)

Anonymous said...

Yay for Melting Pot and cousins' reunion! That was such a good night. I'll be up in Charlottesville again over Christmas break so maybe I can come see you again. And I'm thinking - baby shower in the summer - EVERYONE needs to be there!