Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

February 08, 2008

The Vet is Afraid of my Dogs

Anyone else use Petsmart's vet services through Banfield? You pay about $20 a month per animal and all visits and shots are paid for. I put Georgie and Izzie on it but I think I'm going to cancel it. I'm disappointed every time I go to the vet. I've heard that other people love it, so maybe it's just the Petsmart that's near us. Since there isn't another Petsmart nearby though, the one near us might as well be the only one in existence.

Every time I take one of the dogs to the vet, there's a wait. I took both pups this morning for a quick appointment where they were supposed to get some shots. We didn't see the vet for almost an hour and a half. And that's with an appointment. It's like this every time we go. And god forbid we need to see the vet on short notice because they are booked for weeks in advance and if we go to one of the walk-in appointments, we end up waiting about 2-3 hours. I can't deal with it anymore.

To top things off, the vet services aren't very good. Usually, it feels like we're being processed, instead of getting quality care. There was a new vet there today who (I swear) was afraid of my little 35 pound dogs. If you know my dogs, you are likely laughing now. I told her that Georgie was liable to snip at her when she tried to give him a shot and so it would be best to muzzle him, just in case. She made me put the muzzle on him and stayed about 3 feet away at all times. What the hell is she doing being a vet???

So all in all, I haven't been impressed. I had found a great vet when I lived out in Leesburg but that's a little far. So now we're looking for a vet. I'm willing to pay a little extra to not wait for hours and maybe even get a vet that isn't scared of my super-friendly pups.

No comments: