Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

February 07, 2008

Metrics Review

Over the summer, I spent a substantial amount of time developing a measurement program for my company. It involved the development of metrics for Human Resources, Quality, Finance, Business Development, and our projects. We implemented the metrics on all of the corporate areas in 2007; we are implementing the project metrics in 2008. So I've been collecting metric data for 2007 and today I gave a presentation to senior management on those metrics.

If I were to call myself an expert in something, it would definitely be metrics and measurement programs. I was initially thrown in to this area at Accenture and have continued to work with metrics ever since. A good measurement program can make a huge difference for any company, if implemented correctly. In my presentation, I focused on evaluating the metrics we implemented, our performance against the metrics, and how we can make improvements in the company to operate more efficiently. I think that everyone was able to see the benefit that these metrics provide and we were able to make some changes to improve the business in 2008.

I am thrilled to be at a company that recognizes the use of metrics and is open to new ideas and interested in improving its processes. I would call today a success for both the company and for me. It was a personal accomplishment to not only implement the program but to know that senior management is behind me in this effort and realizes the importance of it.

No comments: