Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

February 11, 2008

It Seriously Never Ends

The heat died in the house this weekend. The furnace is REALLY old and in order to re-light the pilot, you have to actually unscrew various panels to get to the pilot. Of course this would happen on the coldest days of the year. It was about 57 degrees in the house today. Thankfully, being on the 3rd floor means I get the neighbors heat from below. I decided to call someone to fix that at the same time as installing the outlet for the washing machine (which I've been meaning to do since I got the washer/dryer). This way I wouldn't have to feel so silly about calling someone to re-light the pilot.

I found someone to come out but when they got here, they decided they didn't want to mess with the furnace. So basically I left work early to get an outlet installed- kinda irritating. I ended up figuring out how to light the pilot though, so thankfully I didn't have to suffer the freezing weather for too much longer.

The electrician then informed me that due to the location of the washer/dryer and the circuit box, he would need to cut holes in the walls and ceiling to run the lines. Fantastic. So I now have an outlet and four holes. For the low, low price of $260 you too can have holes in your house. So basically I traded one problem (extension cord running across the floor) for another (lotsa holes). I wasn't kidding about this washer/dryer fiasco never ending. What's next?

Here are the holes in the ceiling and wall in my hallway and then the other hole in the ceiling of the hall bathroom. :( I really just wish I could have a break for one week. It seems there is some outrageous cost or issue to deal with every time I relax for even a second.

No comments: