Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

July 02, 2007

Who Needs the Dog Park?

Ever since I got Georgie, I've been looking for a good dog park. There's a good one in Baltimore but that's a little far. :) The dog parks in Northern Virginia have proven to be less than impressive. A neighbor me about a relatively undiscovered park less than a mile away so on Sunday I went to check it out. The park is really just the huge backyard of an older man with a bunch of land. He donated it to the county as parkland but not a lot of people know it's there. And it's generally accepted that dogs run off leash there. Jackpot! The pups have found their new favorite place. And it's great because it's within walking distance! Who knew? I plan to spend a lot of time here. It's great for socializing the pups, which Georgie still needs to work on a bit. And the place is gorgeous. Check out the pics.....

Here's Georgie and Izzie with one of their newly made friends. This is a good pic to see the size of the park. I'm taking the pic from about the center of the park- there's a LOT of room for running.

My little angels.........












OK, this picture makes me laugh every time I see it. Izzie LOVES playing fetch with her ball. I got her mid catch. Oh, the passion in those eyes........ :)


No comments: