Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

June 30, 2007

5, 6, 7, 8..........

I woke up this morning with the strong desire to do something just for me. I've been working a lot, have had an excessive amount of school work, and just haven't had a lot of time for myself. I've wanted to check out a dance studio in Bethesda, Maryland (Joy of Motion) for awhile now but haven't had the chance. I think I've also been avoiding it because I've been afraid it will be bad (like the others I've tried) and this is sort of my last hope at finding a studio. I decided to try a jazz class today anyway.

The class was 2 hours long, which is a fairly long class. It's a lot longer when you've been out of dance for about 8 years. :) I was hurting after the first hour. The class was great though. We did a dance combination at the end that I would label more as contemporary style than jazz, but it was still pretty good. I'm excited to have found a place with a good instructor and good choreography. Finally! There are several other instructors that I'd like to try out at some point too. And I'm happy to say that I kept up. It seriously took every ounce of strength in my body, but I kept up and held my own in the class. I still have a lot of work to do to be able to dance the way I once could though.

Every muscle in my body aches. Literally. I have never experienced any other form of exercise that can work out every muscle the way dance can. I love it! And dance is so much more fun and personally rewarding for me than going to the gym. I'm hoping I can manage to keep up and continue going to class. It's a good day.

No comments: