Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

July 31, 2007

Guster

This band has been on my list of bands to see for a really long time. I used to listen to them all the time in college. I admit I haven't kept up as much since then but when I saw they were going to be in concert, I had to go. They played at Wolf Trap. I had never been there before but it is such a great venue. The entire pavilion is made of wood and the lawn seats are used for picnic-ing and people are allowed to bring food and wine/beer into the venue! I want to go see more shows at this place- it was so much nicer than the normal outside venues.

Pete Yorn opened for Guster. We just saw him at Bonnaroo and while I've always liked him, twice in 2 months might be a little much for Pete Yorn. Guster though- wow! They were awesome! The guy that plays the drums plays them with his hands and it's just cool to watch. I wasn't sure what Michael would think since he listens more to the actual instruments in a band while I listen more to the overall sound, including lyrics. But he really liked them too. So they must be good if we both liked them! Go get yourself some Guster!

No comments: