Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

October 24, 2008

New Tile

I got my entry/hallway re-tiled today and it looks amazing! The guy said he'd show up between 9 and 10am and service people are ALWAYS late so I figured it was safe to get in the shower at 8:45. Not so much. The dogs started barking to let me know someone was at the door so I got to answer the door soaking wet in a towel. Yeah. But once I was dressed and could let him in, the tiling went well. It took forever though; he was here until 5:30pm.

I used to have tile just in the entryway but I now have tile all the way down the hall to the bedroom. It looks so good. I had the generic white, cheapest-thing-they-make tile previously. This is so much nicer. I just keep admiring it.
This all came about because I need new carpeting. When I had the 3 foster pups 2 years ago (1 of which was Izzie), they more or less ruined the carpeting in the living/dining area. I needed to recarpet this small hallway too. Well, I'm extraordinarily anal about things matching and I knew it would make me crazy if the carpet in the hall didn't match the carpet it would touch in the bedroom and stairs. Plus, tile in front of the laundry closet is a great bonus since I spill detergent like it's my job. So I decided to get tile put in for the entire entry and hall. The new carpet in the living/dining room will be installed next week. For now it looks a little funny where the tile touches the carpet because the carpet is just laying on the edge of the tile, waiting to be replaced.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That does look AWESOME!
Mom