Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

And yet another year goes by where I don't dress up. Maybe next year. I hung out with an old friend tonight that I haven't seen in about 3 years. Some of you may know him as Baltimore Boy (aka Mike Sutton). We dated way back when for a short time (short by my standards anyway). We've kept up over the years but this was the first in-person meeting in 3 years. We always had a lot of fun together. I wasn't sure how it would be to see someone after 3 years but it was like old times. The conversation was easy and we had a lot of fun. We got dinner and then got a few drinks at a bar. We were just about the only people not in costume at the bar so that was a little strange but otherwise, good times.

The only pic from tonight is a horribly bad one of me so here's one from way back when.

No, I'm not drunk, just have closed eyes.

I was flipping through a bunch of these old pictures when looking for a pic for Facebook and the thing I notice most is how blissfully happy I look. I've buried that girl somewhere underneath the serious and stressed out version of me. I mean, I'm a happy person but I think sometimes I forget to just let go and be completely happy in the moment. Maybe that's just part of getting older. I've gotten so caught up in work and stuff over the past few years and lost a little of my spontaneity and spunk. Someone once described me as spunky- I'm gonna be that girl again.

No comments: