Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

August 22, 2008

Worst Assignment Ever

As we approach our CMMI appraisal at work, we have to map documentation for each project in the appraisal to each practice in the CMMI model to show how the project has met the intent of the practice. There are approximately 350 practices that have to be mapped for each project. We are including 2 projects in our appraisal, so you get the idea. This is NOT fun work. The person helping me with this now attends each of our status meetings to discuss the "stupid" mapping. It's all in good humor and he's keeping a great attitude about it, but I can't help but feel horrible asking him to take on this task. I'm doing a lot of it too, so it's not like the burden is all on him. But still. I would do it all myself if I could. Thankfully, we only have to do this every 3 years.

No comments: