Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

August 20, 2008

Olympics

Has everyone been watching the Olympics? I always enjoy the gymnastics so I've watched all of that. Don't get me started on the unfair judging. I've also watched most of the swimming; I feel sorry for all the amazing swimmers that aren't Phelps and therefore get no coverage. I've caught pieces of some of the other sports, including things that I cannot fathom as being Olympic sports. Isn't badmitton a backyard game? When will the Olympic horseshoes begin???

One of the best discoveries of the Olympics is Izzie's fascination with the horses. We caught the Olympic sport where horses basically prance around in a ring with all kinds of different moves. Sorry to sound stupid on this- I have never seen this before, have no idea what it's called, but was completely fascinated. And so was Izzie. Izzie met a horse once and I think it was love at first sight. She pranced in front of the tv watching the horses in the Olympics. It was adorable. Here's a pic of her in front of the tv (the little black and white floofy thing at the bottom of the pic)......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture. Your dogs are hilarious. :)

Anonymous said...

I felt the same about Phelps. There were other people there too and what about his team mates with the races. They annoucers made it sound like it was Phelps swimming the whole thing. I think its awsome that he has worked so hard and got all the medals, but there are others too.