Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

July 26, 2008

Condo Projects

I've been busy trying to update the condo. Last week I bought shades for the balcony, which I hung myself. Nothing like standing on a ladder, 3 stories up. It was a little scary but as long as I didn't look down, it wasn't so bad. I have a fear of heights (or more accurately, a fear of falling) but apparently my fear isn't too bad. All those years of dance have left me confident in my balancing abilities.

I also put in a skylight shade in the living room skylight. The window allows a lot of heat to come in so I got a shade that blocks the heat but allows the light to filter through. I had someone else come out to install this one; my ladders can't even reach the skylight.

Lastly, I played with tile and grout for the first time today. The corner tile of my shower fell off awhile back and I've been meaning to replace it. Home Depot has an all-in-one adhesive/grout so it was actually pretty easy. Fingers crossed that it will hold.

The projects never end.

No comments: