Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

May 10, 2007

Catching Up

I haven't posted much lately because life has been chaotic. Seems like something crazy has happened every day- some good, some bad. So here's the short version of what's been happening:

The Good:
1. I found out I have a security clearance and no one ever told me! My paperwork was submitted when I worked at the State Department and apparently went through over a year ago but no one ever let me know. So that's kind of exciting.
2. Yesterday was my final exam for the Statistics class. I think I did well but mostly, I'm just really glad it's over. That professor was horrible.
3. I found an alternative for allergy shots: allergy drops! They are drops you put under your tongue and work as well or better than the shots. My friend Toby told me about them so now I'm meeting with a doctor and should be on the drops in the next couple of weeks! Yay!
4. I now have a Blackberry for work. It will be nice to be able to get email when I'm at client sites or on the metro. Guess this means I'm officially connected 24 hours a day now. Maybe I should move this one to the bad list........... :)
5. Work gets more interesting by the day. I've been pulled in to helping with final interviews for potential candidates for our company. I've always loved recruiting and interviewing so this is a good addition to my role.

The Bad:
1. My stats professor called an extra class on Monday since he failed to cover all the material in the semester and then taught an entire chapter that would be about a fourth of the exam 2 days later.
2. Izzie peed on the couch. I about had a heart attack. Thankfully, the couch is under warranty and they're sending someone out to clean it next week. If that doesn't work, I don't know what happens.
3. More bodily fluids: Michael cut one of Georgie's nails too short and it bled...... all over the condo. So now we have lots of blood to clean up. On top of that, it wouldn't stop bleeding and once it did, Georgie would lick it until it started again. So he's been in bandages for 3 days now.
4. My windshield must have been hit by a rock. I didn't see it happen but I now have a huge crack running across my windshield.
5. I drank some old milk last night with a bowl of cereal. About an hour later I was projectile vomiting in the bathroom. Good stuff.
6. I have some random pain in my jaw that won't allow me to clench my teeth on the left side. And it hurts really badly. It's been 4 days so I'm thinking I have to go to the doctor.
7. I went to the dentist and need a crown which apparently is going to cost a small fortune.

My postings have also slowed down cause I've been working more. With Steph out and the added responsibilities of writing for a proposal and interviewing, there just aren't enough hours in the day for everything. I was stressing a lot about work and not being able to get everything done. I've never had that experience before but there is just too much to possibly get done with one person. That's hard for me to accept sometimes. But Steph and all the rest of the management team is very supportive and completely understands how much is on my plate so that helps to relieve the stress. I'm so impressed by the real belief in work/life balance at my job. Lots of companies talk about it but this one seems to actually mean it.

No comments: