Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

December 06, 2008

Holiday Party

Tonight was my work holiday party at Dave and Buster's in Rockville, MD. That's about an hour and a half metro ride from me but I was determined not to drive (which would only have taken 40 minutes) so I wouldn't have to worry about a car later in the night. Molly and Timur were awesome and picked me up. We drove to Timur's house in the city and took the metro from there but it was running on a single track which meant it took forever. And then we still had to walk the .4 miles to D+B's in the cold. It was a little bit miserable. They picked me up at 6:30; we got to D+B's around 9:00. Yeah. We basically missed the dinner portion of the evening, ate quickly, and headed to the game area to play.













We played all the classics- skee ball, the basketball shooting game, DDR (Dance, Dance Revolution), and air hockey. I haven't played DDR since I was in Seattle with Stephanie almost 4 years ago and the one at D+B's is completely different. And really hard! Steph and I tried again but it wasn't even fun because it was so difficult. We decided to go play at the bar instead.

After the party, a bunch of us went to a bar in the city called Wonderland. I had never been there but it had pretty decent music that was definitely dance-able. I had such a great night.

There was drinking....... and dancing.......














....and attempts at self-portraits......... and random hats........












........and a lot of smiles. :)
Do you see how happy I am? Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I wasn't there to hang with you crazy kids; it looks like ya'll had way too much fun. Although I didn't see any swirly glasses... :-)