Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Turkey Day! I started my day as always, with the parade. My mom called promptly at 9am to make sure I was up and watching. This happens every year. No kidding. At least I'm not in AZ anymore, where it starts at 7am. Those 7am calls used to hurt. Quick notes on the parade.... Rick Astley? Really? WTF? Also, I love that they made a Horton balloon; he's my favorite Dr. Seuss character of all time.

My mom and I had planned to spend the holiday together but couldn't, due to a sickness in the family. My mom headed down to Florida for the long weekend and I stayed home. I am thankful for the time alone; I still had a lot to do to recover from my Italy trip. I went to Toby's aunt's house for dinner with her family. I know all of them so it was a lot of fun and probably the next best thing to being with my own family. And the food was great; I will definitely be collecting some recipes.

1 comment:

Toby Levy Lowe said...

We were glad to have you there! It added to the insanity (uh, I mean "fun")
:-)