Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

September 20, 2008

Girls Night Out

I went out with my friend Anne and 2 of her friends tonight. I didn't realize how much I missed the occasional night out. We met for dinner in the city at a place called Utopia. And the drinking began. The restaurant was ok; the waitress was stupid. We kept asking what was good and she kinda gave the impression that not much was great. Either disgruntled with her job or just really stupid; she came across as the latter. After dinner and 2 glasses of wine, we headed to a show at the Lincoln Theater.

We saw Carrie Fisher (yeah, Princess Leia) in Wishful Drinking, her one woman show. It's a humorous look at her life growing up in Hollywood. It was very funny, from what I can remember; they allowed drinking in the theater! I would normally have stopped drinking by this point but my friends were drinking so I figured, "what the hell?". And there went 2 more glasses of wine.
None of us were ready to go home after the show but none of us knew where to go in that area of the city. I called a friend of mine, who directed us to what I understood to be Rocker Bar. Reminder: 4 glasses of wine. I am on the phone, on the street, looking for a bar. We ended up asking a cop. Yeah. Meanwhile, my friend is laughing at me over the phone, saying "that's not actually what I said", which I didn't understand until we arrived at Rocket Bar. Yeah. It was one of those nights. So, for future reference, we went to Rocker Bar. :)

Good times.

No comments: