Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

August 29, 2007

Do I have to?

The fall semester has officially begun. You know, I used to get excited about school. Yes, I was the biggest school geek as an undergrad. I loved it. But now that I'm working, it's very different. I'm learning interesting things and the classes are good. But some of it seems silly now. Some things are so theoretical that I can't apply it to my work, so it seems kind of useless since I'm not planning to be a professor or change career paths after I receive my degree. I'm ready to graduate already! And I'm only about halfway through. :(

I decided to take an elective this fall which should be a little less work than the other classes I've taken. I've got a lot going on this fall so hopefully a lighter load of schoolwork will help with the stress levels. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so, did the elective turn out to be less work?