Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

March 19, 2009

NKOTB

Tonight I let my inner 12-year-old girl out. I'm not sure this version of myself has ever been released before. I've never been one to get excited about celebrities, actors, boy-bands, etc. As for New Kids on the Block, I never had a giant poster of Joey on my wall or Jordan's face on my sheets. But when I saw that NKOTB was going to be in town, I couldn't resist. And thankfully, neither could 2 of my girlfriends.

Lesley made t-shirts for us with NKOTB iron-ons. She had a little mishap though and ended up doing the iron-ons backwards so the words are all reversed. It just made them that much better. I will keep mine forever.
The concert was in Baltimore. We went to get a few drinks beforehand, since clearly one needs to be at least slightly intoxicated for an NKOTB concert. Then we went and screamed our hearts out. It was awesome. The New Kids sang a bunch of the old songs that we all still know and love (whether you choose to admit it or not). Jordan did a song with his white button down shirt open and blowing behind him. I have never screamed at a concert until this one but then, I have never been to a boy band concert before. I think screaming is required. We screamed like teenagers and enjoyed being silly. This was probably one of the best times I've ever had at a concert.
Joey 4Ever! Let's Get This!

No comments: