Laugh when you can,
Apologize when you should,
And let go of what you can't change.

September 29, 2007

Toby's Bachelorette Party

It's finally time! I've been planning this bachelorette party forever! I haven't been in many weddings so this was my first time planning a party like this. The other bridesmaids were from out of town so I was mostly on my own. I think I did good but I was nervous to see how everything would turn out.
We met in the morning to spend a day at the vineyards. There were four of us for this part of the day and it was so much fun. There is a bus tour that leaves from Arlington and visits 3 different vineyards over about 7 hours. We went to La Grange, Chrysalis, and some other vineyard that we've all managed to block out because it wasn't so great. We did tastings at each vineyard and also had time to just hang out and talk. The scenery of course was gorgeous. We had wine and cheese and crackers throughout the day. I don't think I've eaten that much cheese all year. I think we did pretty good at the beginning of the day with pacing ourselves but by the third vineyard, I think we were just ready to get our drink on. We had a bottle of wine at the vineyard (after the tasting session) and then got another bottle to drink on the bus. Things got a little more fun after that. ;) I will refrain from embarrassing you here Toby- you better be grateful! Here's a pic of Alexis, me, Toby, and Alison at the vineyards.

After that, we headed to dinner at a little Italian place in Arlington called Tutto Bene. We had a separate room just for our party. It was nice not to have to worry about being too loud. The restaurant was great- good food, and they didn't hurry us out. We actually didn't even get the check until we asked for it at 11pm and they were closing! Toby opened gifts and we had cake. Check out the cake topper. Heehee.





We did have one strange incident with an Italian man who decided to come in to say hello and proceeded to give us a 10 minute lecture on the leaning tower of Pisa and the remodeling effort to keep it from sinking into the ground. It was really funny- we were all looking around at each other wondering when he would leave. One of the waiters had to pull him out, calling him their village idiot.
After dinner, Toby, Alison, and I went back to my house and we had a little slumber party. Even after the long day and all that wine, we managed to stay up until about 3am talking. I think the party turned out really well. I had so much fun and I think I can say the same for Toby. Now it's time for the wedding!

No comments: